Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Passion on Purpose

As I figure this ministry thing out I realize I'll never stop figuring it out. To quote an old saying..."The more I know the more I know I don't know." I'm so grateful that God's grace is so vibrant. He allows us to figure it out step by step.

Today I was wondering why so many ministers get burned out and quit the ministry. Here's the two main reasons why I believe ministers get sick of it.

1. The Sabbath was created for US. It's not supposed to be some religious act we do out of fear, but its simply a gift. God has given us the gift of a Sabbath day. It should be a discipline to take a Sabbath (if not a full day, five hours) to recharge physically and mentally.

2. We should deploy passion on purpose NOT passion for passion's sake. This means we need to figure out what the priorities are and carry out those tasks with intense passion so that the passion is put to good use. This way, not only will the job get done more effectively, but we will be able to see progress and be encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment